"Strong for Life"Strength Training for All
About Strength Training
Benefits of Strength Training
• You feel great
• You feel stronger
• Great for your joints
• Excellent for your bones
• Loose fat & improve metabolism
• Better Posture
• Helps your Sport
• Helps you recover, get over your injury, back, neck or shoulder pain
• It aids your health – heart health, blood sugar control, weight loss
• Women can really benefit – strength without muscle mass
• If you older, strength training can be your best friend
It can be fun, it doesn’t need to take too long, just 2 to 3 times per week for benefits…
Strength Training with Resistance Bands
Resistance bands can be a great way to get stronger. They are inexpensive, and easy to transport, you can even take with you when travelling – no gym required.
Research as shown resistance bands can benefit younger women, younger men, sports people, older adult, people with health conditions – strength training for all.
Resistance Bands have all the strength training benefits of other strength devices like weights, pulley’s, and machines, such as:
• Provides progressive resistance – so can intensify over time to get stronger
• Allows variable speed of movement
• Increases muscle strength
• Increases muscle size (less so for women)
• Decreases body fat
• Improves metabolism
with some additional benefits:
• Provide resistance in multiple directions – does not depend on gravity
• Simulate functional & sporting activities
• Provides variable resistance – this means the resistance gets stronger as the bands lengthen. This can increase intensity of the muscle action.
• Resistance more like how muscles work
• Provides constant tension
• Can avoid cheating less momentum compared to free weights
• Fun to use and very practical
Improve strength in 6 to 7 weeks by 10 to 30%…
Learn Strength Training the Easy Way (Resistance Bands)
1. 90 Minute Workshops
a. New to Strength Training: Learn the basics of bands strengthening with individual exercises for lower limbs, upper limbs & core
Date: Sat 11th August 2.30 pm to 4 pm
Investment – $33 Bands/Door Hooks available for purchase
Parooba Ave Camp Hill
b. Want to go deeper & learn you tricks: intermediate strength training learning to combine lower limb, upper limb and core together in an integrated way
Investment: $33 Bands/Door Hooks available to purchase
Parooba Ave Camp Hill
2. Small Group Class
5 week once per week training sessions to learn learn & feel confident with the basics of strength training with bands
Date: Wed 6 pm to 6.50 pm Aug 22, 29, Sept 5,12, 19
Investment: $82.50 Bands/Door Hooks available to purchase
Parooba Ave Camp Hill
SPECIAL – Combine 90 minute Workshop & 5 Classes for $100 – call for details
3. Personalised Session
1 hour sessions where you are individually supervised to help you build confidence, and have the strength training exercises adapted to your specific needs.
This especially suited if you have a an injury, musculoskeletal issue, or health issue.
Health Insurance rebates may apply if you have health condition which can be benefitted by strength training.
Phone to book a time suitable to you… 07 3324 1480
Workshops, Classes, & Personalised Sessions with James Bone, Physiotherapist/Yoga Therapist, 18 years training people with bands, and author of Stronger for Longer.
What you will learn in all these trainings
• Learn a unique warm up routine which gets you going quickly
• Discover the 7 magic principles of strength training (with bands)
• Develop confidence in your ability to strength train for life
• Learn the key strength training exercises – so every part of your body feels stronger
• Feel strength training like never before – bands work you muscles hard, but pleasing way
• Feel the Well Being of being Stronger
Why Strength Train?
Between the age of 30 & 40 everyone begins to loose muscle & bone mass. This is preventable through staying active and exercise. Strength Training can be a simple, time efficient way to stop this decline.
If you are over 40 you should be considering to include strength training in your exercise routine.
If your over 60 it really should be an essential part of your life, if you desire to live long with good quality of life. Being 80, weak, immobile and unable to enjoy the things you like, can be pretty miserable.
Take action NOW to prevent this happening.
Strength training can preserve your posture and help prevent the curvature of old age.
It can preserve your balance, and prevent disabling falls later in life.
It can keep you powerful… enjoying life… playing sport… staying active with the family, especially the young ones… doing what you love…
And all it takes is less than a hour per week!
Did you know…
Australians maybe living longer but over half of them will have a chronic condition which impacts upon the quality of their life. The problem is expected to balloon out. Most of the chronic conditions are preventable, and prevention is the only way to effectively deal with the problem.
ABC Post Weighty, poor diet, physical inactivity to blame for Australians getting sicker We 20 Jun 2018
Strength Training is one place to start on your living healthy journey…