Exercise Tips after your Physio Session
These are reminder tips of how to do the exercises after your physiotherapy session…
CLICK for Video TIPS on how to Optimise & get the most from your Exercise Program.
Check your technique:
• Remember to breathe slowly.
• Be attentive to your body & the sensations going on.
• You feel in control.
• You are keeping good alignment.
• You are aware of the posture & core cues.
• Start slow, and a with a few repetitions, then build up slowly.
• Check you feel recovered before doing your next bout of exercise.
Modify for discomfort:
• If the pain keeps increasing with the exercise repetitions, then stop the exercise and seek advice from your physio.
• If there is just a little pain to begin, then it reduces as you continue the exercise it should be OK. Check how you feel afterward & the next day that pain is also OK.
• Generally pain levels with exercise should be less than 2 or 3 out of 10.
• If uncertain, check with your physio.
Manage your Loading (finding Balance):
• When returning to your sport, work, exercise, hobby, daily activity, walking, and so forth you need to be aware of managing your load, so that you find the balance point where you do enough to get stronger or more mobile, but not so much as to overload the tissue, causing it to break down, or re-aggravate an old issue.
• Too much pain or pain increasing with activity could be an indicator of over loading.
• To avoid overloading progress with small changes eg 10% or less. Build up slowly. Slowly restoring you self back to the desired goal or activity level.
• Be aware if you have been more sedentary or not active for a time you will be more de-conditioned, so it will be easier to overload body tissues. Because you could do strong activity in the past is not an indicator that the body can cope today.
These esxercises are provided for education purposes. Check with your health professional that they are suitable for you. Stop an exercise, if it increase your symptoms or discomfort.
Breathing, Relaxation & Meditation Exercises (Non Sleep Deep Rest)
These can aid recovery, reduce stress & tension, and inmprove your well being.
Strengthen your Diphragm Breathing
Long Exhale Breathing to Relax
Body Scan Relaxation – Head to Toes
Body Scan Relaxation Exercise – Toes to Head
Breathing Awareness Meditation
Awareness of your Body Tension
Recognise your body tension areas & let go of tension with long exhales and….:
To help understand tension: make a fist squeezing 100% effort, then relax, now squeeze at 50% effort, relax, then squeeze at 20 to 30% effort. Most daily activities muscles only need to work between 0 to 30% effort.
Consciously let go of your tension at:
• Head & Forehead
• Neck & Upper Shoulders
• Forearms & hands
• Upper Back
• Lower Back
Avoid being sedentary for too long – MOVE every 10 to 20 minutes.
These help restore mobility to your body & can help with discomfort.
Shoulder hands behind back (Extension)
Back Mobility including Sphinx & knee to chest
Lying Hip Mobility including Hip Cradle
Post Physio TIPS: PDF Downloads
Improve your Golf Swing with Mobility Program
If STIFFNESS in your hips, spine or shoulders is inhibiting your golf swing then this quick simple routine may help.
CLICK to see the VIDEO (coming soon)
Lower Limb Strength Exercises
Squating for Gluts & Thighs
Dead Lift for Back, Core, Hip, & Lower Limb Strength
• Sit to Stand with Band around thighs
• Side Steeping with a Band around ankles
• Knee Strengthening Seated (extension)
Core & Back Strength Exercises
Safety – Have stable support close by to hold on, if needed.
Strength Training to keep you RUNNING
Try this simple routine to build strength in the key areas aid your run performance – calves, gluts & thighs, back & Core. Also includes a simple recovery program with 3 key stretches & a non sleep deep rest breathing exercise.
Upper Strength Exercises
• Bent Row
Wrist & Hand
Yoga & Qi Gong Exercises
Ever day Yoga
Improve Breathing Routine
Basic Standing Yoga Postures
Basic Lying Sequence
Basic Lying Twist & Hamstrings
Basic Standing Balance Routine
Simple Shoulder Routine
For wrists, hands, shoulders & nerves…
Foot Care Routine
Knee Care Routine
For Seniors Mobility & Balance
Standing Qi Gong – Ba Duan Jing
Seated Qi Gong
Tai Chi Stepping for Balance
Book a Session Today
Regain hope, Feel great again…
Parooba Ave Camp Hill Brisbane 4152 Queensland
07 3342 1480